In the post-war years, church services were celebrated in the employee barracks of the ironworks. Thanks to the donations and sacrifices of employees of that plant, it was possible to begin construction of a new house of worship. The land was provided free of charge by mine counselor Rolf Weinberger. The planning work was also done for free by architect Alfred Diener. The church was built in the years 1953/1954 and consecrated on 24 October 1954 by archbishop Andreas. It belongs to the parish of Werfen and lies at the entrance to Blühnbach Valley. The church is consecrated to the patron saint of miners and mining.